Wednesday, October 17, 2012

Who is Misha Collins?

This upcoming weekend, our fair city is hosting the Edmonton Expo, something I like to think of a safe haven for the geek monster within all of us. What caught my attention about the Expo initially was their street poster advertising the attendance of special guest Adam West, the most classic of classic Batmans. My boyfriend Cole is a Batman enthusiast, and there is no corner of our apartment that does not hold some tribute to the comic book hero. Cole's substantial caped-crusader collection, naturally, includes the entire original Batman series downloaded for our viewing pleasure, and I thought he would get a kick out of getting to see its star. 

Unfortunately, the Expo's Facebook page just posted an announcement that West experienced a serious back injury last week and is now unable to attend the event. Good thing we didn't already buy our tickets! As they did the last time a featured guest cancelled, the Expo immediately posted the addition of three new celebrities to the roster in an effort to lessen the blow. One of the new names is that of Misha Collins, who, unlike Julie Newmar and Lee Majors, is someone I have never heard of before. So, I looked him up online!

    image courtesy of Fanpop.com

What a dish! According to IMDB.com, Misha is best known for his role as an angel named Castiel on Supernatural, a show I've never watched but for so many reasons probably should have! Hunky guys, paranormal stuff, action, romance? Why have I never tuned in!? Unfortunately, Mr. Collins is ALSO known for playing real-life murderer Paul Bernardo, which is a role I wouldn't like as MY claim to fame. Ick. 

The Edmonton Expo does still have a pretty cool cast of characters, and since Friday is payday I might have a few dollars to spend on random merchandise. We'll see if Lando Calrissian is enough incentive for me to scrub away the tearstains from my mother's memorial on Saturday and put my geek-rags on! For more info on the Expo, running October 20th and 21st in Hall E of the Northlands Expo Facility, visit http://edmontonexpo.com

1 comment:

  1. Did you know that one of Jeremy Renner's first film roles was playing Jeffrey Dalhmer... you have to start somewhere

    ReplyDelete